Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal or book chapter for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Where available (and for ALL references with DOI numbers) URLs for the references have been provided, as per Author Guidelines. Most specifically, ALL doi #s must be included Proper format: https://doi.org/10.10xxxxx
- For manuscripts submitted to the Research Papers section, it is stated in the Methods section that the reported study was approved by an Internal Review Board (IRB) or other appropriate ethics committee; also included is a description of the Informed Consent process. Case studies without IRB may only be submitted to the Clinical Corner section, and the Methods section must affirm the Informed Consent of participants.
- An Author Declaration section is included, at the end of the manuscript (before the references), which addresses any grant support, financial interest, or conflicts to disclose.
- An abstract is included and is 200 words or less.
- *REQUIRED*: A Title page, an Abstract, Article body, and Reference section are all included within a single submission document. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. The submission document file format is Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, RTF, or WordPerfect
Research PapersSubmissions in this section must have IRB review in order to be considered a "Research Paper".
This section allows for a closer examination of a variety of topics.
Submissions to this section do not require IRB review and we welcome case studies or clinical viewpoints.
Correspondence and Commentary
This section is for correspondence submissions, such as "Letters to the Editor" and similar items.
ProceedingsThis section is for the inclusion and coverage of Conference abstracts.
Invitation from EIC on hot topics and pressing research items.
Copyright NoticeAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.